[600MRG] 9-28 WSPR

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon Sep 28 16:24:23 CDT 2015

Was an interesting nite on 474 again last nite,
A new first time decode from WH2XRR  09:38Z  -28  was neat.
Eric banging in of course from the east side of the big land mass at -19
at times.
Also VK3ELV decoded until 15 mins after my sunrise which is 1616z at
1532Z  -27

And I saw one decode during the nite at -32.   thats the lowest I have
seen,  before there have been a couple -31 so not sure how accurate
or what part conditions played in that.

I switched yesterday to WSJT-X develop software,  and was using the WSPR
deep decode settings,   it seems to work fine and does seem to copy
the traces I see that did not decode before,  but again conditions may have
played a part in last nites reception also,   there was a great deal of QRN
15 to 20DB lightning crashes,   that diminished during the night.

By the way this is with the K3 updated with the new SYNTH board to cover
down to 100kc.   comparing it against my transverter which is no slouch,
it seems to be a tad bit better using the same antenna.

Maybe all was because of the big moon,  never know when a moon will set
ya off.

73 Merv K9FD/KH6   WH2XCR
See ya'll tonite,