[600MRG] modeling tutorial

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Mon Sep 7 14:04:29 CDT 2015

Hi DR,

There is a free tutorial on the 4NEC2 web page which is very helpful to get
you started.  I don't use 4NEC2 very often and it's a bit different from
EZNEC so when I want to switch over I often do a quick review of the
tutorial!  I believe there is also an ARRL book on modeling although I
haven't read it.

I am of course being more than a little preachy on this subject and I
realize for those who have no technical background and/or have not worked
with CAD programs it can be intimidating.

All I can argue is "it's not as bad as you fear" and "it's really worth the
trouble".   Another point is "it's really fun once you get going".

73, Rudy