[600MRG] Special Event

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Nov 8 12:50:41 CST 2015

MY station is down (temp).  Attempts to repair the inverted-L were
nought as one of the top wires broke requiring taking the entire
antenna down.  Its wound up and sitting in my garage for rework.

There were four wire breaks in the antenna requiring soldering with a
torch (#12 solid copper wire).

I will have to string it up low to ground outside for reattachment of
the dual wire top hat which will be lot of fun in the
snow.  Re-stringing the antenna also fun on a icy roof (not), so I
hope I can rehang one end and walk around the 122-foot dual wire
antenna to not hang up on roof appliances and vents.  Antenna runs
full length over the house for 72-feet.

When next QRV is unknown.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45