[600MRG] nice improvement in 630m condx

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 23 08:59:12 CDT 2015

GM all...
Conditions have been much improved during the previous two sessions.  Thanks for all the reporting stations.  It seems QRN has shifted, if only temporarily, to the PNW but maybe this crazy wx will calm down shortly...the band was relatively quiet here last night.  Even with all the rain and storms,  its still better than 100+ degree temps here in South Central...

Couple of items:
Field Day is coming up and I suspect that many of us that sent FD greetings via CW on 630m last year will do it again this year.  I think we would like to again take advantage of publicity to further our cause and make people aware and if you are interested in participating as a transmitting station, please make that known so you can be included in those news communications to the ARRL and other outlets.  If you are attending a FD with a club, please consider taking the time to listen for the messages and send NTS traffic to the ARRL to let them know you heard us (you get FD points for sending NTS traffic!) or at least an email, copying the station you heard.  More about this as it gets closer.  Last year there was a last minute email blitz to clubs plus distributions from various ham radio news outlets and proved pretty successful.
Finally, I will be moderating a 630m discussion forum at hamcom 2015 in Irving, Texas at the irving convention center on June 13th at 10am to 10:50 in Room 1 on the second floor.   details at hamcom.org .  I will be joined via the magic of technology by XKA and XJM.  This will be a Q & A and basically a different perspective from what I alone have been providing this crowd for the past few years.  At the moment I am planning on doing a drawing/giveaway at the end of the talk.   If you are able to attend, please come say hello and I will be making a recording of the event and posting on my website shortly after I can get the audio processed.
73 and lets hope that condx continue to improve a little!
John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..