[600MRG] GW4ALG Nosie Canceller (was Re: QEX Noise Canceller)

mbdittmar at comcast.net mbdittmar at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 15:38:59 CDT 2015

Hi -

I built Lloyd Butler VK5BR's phase-shifting noise canceller for LF/MF in order to try and combat the massive line noise I have every night between 440 - 510 khz. The schematic is at:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/ldbutler/LFNoiseCancel.htm

It uses an LC network front-end to perform the phase shift. It's a simple circuit and quick to build.

Anyway since my noise is coming in thru the line ( coming INTO my house over the power line ) I just used a wire a few feet long in the shack for my noise antenna.

The system works GREAT. I can completely null out my problem noise on 630 meters ! It's amazing how well it works. As usual YMMV.

73 Mark AB0CW / WG2XNI