[600MRG] Dealing with the FCC

Frederick Raab w1fr at gmrr.biz
Wed Mar 25 20:02:23 CDT 2015

March 25, 2015

Gentlemen:

     As you know, the ARRL petitioned the FCC to consider a 630-meter ham
band a few months after it was approved at WRC-12.  The FCC basically said
something like "We will respond to your petition, but it is not a
priority."  This leaves us hanging.

     It is best to let the ARRL deal with this sort of thing.  Why?  If
someone files a petition and the FCC denies, then that subject is not going
to get reconsidered any time soon (years).  This means we have to deal with
them very carefully and to be patient.

     With over 100kh logged and no interference complaints, we have
certainly proved that we can use the band without causing problems.  Every
experimental station that gets on the air helps the cause.

     So the bottom line:  Please be patient, don't make waves, and keep
operating.

73, Fritz, W1FR
500-kHz Experiment Coordinator