[600MRG] 639m Access: Part 5 or Part 97?

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 09:29:37 CDT 2015

As I recall, early discussions suggested that when the FCC was ready to make a move, those within the band would be told to vacate.  Of course any objections could be aired during the comment period but I can't see why any one of us would have an objection.  Most of us have asked for spectrum larger than the 472-479 band so in effect we would be notching out that piece of band.  Those that had asked only for 472-479 would not longer be able to operate under part 5 rules.
Those are my recollections based on some conversations and discussions.  Juan, K4LCD / WG2XXF, had many conversations with the FCC while trying to get his tenuous grant pushed through and that was one of the items that came up.

In short,  no, I don't expect it to be an impact but I realize that attitudes and agendas change.  Not to mention one persons comment in an FCC office may not reflect the opinions of the commission as a whole.

73!
John XIQ