[600MRG] Measuring power

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 13:52:45 CDT 2015

Some good points have been raised - thanks.  To address John's question, "Does it matter that its not a ham band herenow...?"

It does matter for me, for several reasons:  I see powerful connections between 630 meters and the early days of ham radio.  I see the experimenting that is underway now as an important part of the 'amateur radio experience' and an aspect of the hobby that I want to encourage wholeheartedly.  I do not want radio experimenting by hams to require an experimental license - it should be a natural and ordinary function of our activities, not requiring special dispensation from the regulators.  And finally, I feel it is better for everyone when ham bands are world-wide and not exclusive in certain parts of the world - witness the challenges faced by the 70 and 222 MHz bands.

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.