[600MRG] NOI / comment period open?

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Wed Jun 3 18:28:45 CDT 2015

TYPO:

"should NEVER by very political"

-Brian, WA1ZMS

-----Original Message-----
From: 600MRG [mailto:600mrg-bounces at w7ekb.com] On Behalf Of Brian, WA1ZMS
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 7:26 PM
To: 'John Langridge'; 600mrg at w7ekb.com
Subject: Re: [600MRG] NOI / comment period open?

If I may be so bold as to make an open comment here....

One point that a non-US ham mentioned to me regarding things that US hams
should mention in their comments to the FCC goes something like:
"If the utilities may claim that the grid is so fragile that it could be
negativity harmed by Amateur use of either 2200m or 630m operations, they
must justify how they are NOT equally or even more susceptible to
intentional malicious terror-type attacks upon the existing grid."

Our Amateur justifications for such allocations should very be political in
nature. However, if we faced with large opposition from utilities due to
their use of PLC signaling then it would be 100% valid to make the above
statement. My point here is to try and leverage any claims "that the grid is
weak but not so weak that any one person can harm it".  The utilities cannot
have it both ways in any RFI debate.

My disclosure: Many of our customers at my day-job are utilities and I fully
respect what they do. The AC power keeps my ham gear very happy! :- )

-Brian, WA1ZMS