[600MRG] WH2XNG, Jack, AA3GZ needs help finding an amplifier

jseitner at comcast.net jseitner at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 16:00:17 CDT 2015

I call cq on 475 KHz every night from 8:30 to 9:30 and have not had a response yet; it is very noisy. I am running 50 watts into a top-loaded antenna with -10 dBi gain; so my erp is 5 watts. I am using the 1 milliwatt output of my Kenwood TS590 into an amplifier into my Ameritron ALS-600 solid state\amplifier on the 160 meter band; the ALS has a gain of 10 so the output power is 50 watts. I have not been able to find a reasonably priced amplifier that will amplify 1 milliwatt up to 10 to 40 watts. I will appreciate any advice. Jack, doyulestown PA, 215-348-2501, jseitner at comcast.net