[600MRG] impedance analyzers

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Jun 2 13:12:43 CDT 2015

AIM4170 at $475 is only hundred dollars more than the MFJ269 but does
not cover UHF.  But I would opt for one if starting over.  I bought
my MFJ off ebay used for about $300 (and paid too much).  It stopped
working a month later and cost $70 for MFJ to repair.  Its now broken
"again" and I have to decide whether to buy parts and repair myself
or send it back for repair (accidently applied 26v to the
antenna).  It is handy for quick tests.  The AIM might not be as
handy standing on the tower at 50-feet!

Be real nice to have a genuine Wiltron analyzer ($3K) ;-)

73, Ed