[600MRG] Return of the TX --> KL7 path

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Jul 21 13:01:16 CDT 2015

John,

Thanks for the reminder to get my inverted-L repaired and back
up.  Using NOVA as source sunrise is 13:21 (5:21am) and sunset is
07:01 (11:01pm) so we are getting a few hours full darkness, now
(17:40 hours of daylight).  Of course Laurence is 70mi north so his
times are a little longer for sunlight (but only minutes).  We are
now more than a month after soltice.

Southcentral AK: Anchorage and Kenai Peninsula are blessed with a
mostly lightning free climate so we do not have the summer static
crashed you do.  Wx is turning to predominant rainy season of
Aug-Oct. (ends when it is snow).  May-mid July is the dry sunny
season up here.  Since we had almost no snow last winter conditions
are extremely dry and have just about broken the wildfire
records.  Over a million acres have burned.  Danger for us in
Southcentral pretty much over.

I remain only able to transmit >495 KHz as I am waiting to raise the
cash to buy two synth ($219.95/ea) for my K3 Rx and subRx.  That will
enable running at 472-479.  I can receive lower with my SDR-IQ.

73, Ed - KL7UW, -45