[600MRG] "not for routine use" ?

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:55:23 CDT 2015

Just my opinion but they are probably suggesting it should not become a
contest band in the same way that the previous 4-added bands exclude
contesting (12/17/30/60)... how does one determine what widespread
communications activities are?  I doubt you will have 75-meter-style round
tables but who says that involvement in a CW net on 630m or running
stations on JT9 isnt in some ways experimental?

To test the bounds of the band and new technologies, we need integration
into the ARRL and CQ awards programs to motivate guys to innovate.  QSO's
will be made and probably every Q completed has some scientific relevance
to someone.

I personally would not worry about this one too much... There is not a
reasonable way to measure this in the broad manner it is worded.  If they
specifically said we could only run beacons, that would be a deal breaker...

73!

John XIQ

PS:  Of course I could be completely wrong about my interpretation :-)