[600MRG] 630 meter OPERA tonite 1-24-15

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 22:23:56 CST 2015

03:32    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -36 dB in TN. USA
02:39    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -36 dB in TN. USA
02:29    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -36 dB in TN. USA
01:36    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -36 dB in TN. USA
01:26    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -35 dB in TN. USA
01:05    477 VO1NA de KU4XR Op8 Deep Search -36 dB in TN. USA

Greetings all: Just a general report from here.. I saw that OPERA activity across the pond
was good, so I decided to give it a whirl here.. I started monitoring at 5:30 pm EST
which is 1/2 hour before sunset... Disappointedly, I received no TA decodes or
DS Detections... And as my OPERA copy shows, all VO1NA receptions were in
Deep Search.. I haven't been, and still not, impressed with opera's performance..
I have transmitted the mode, and received the mode pretty much since it first
showed up to compete with WSPR.. Not as much as I have used WSPR, but enough
to come to my own personal conclusions from my use, and observations..
In the broadest and most general sense of comparison; It has generally taken
twice the power, and twice the time for OPERA to accomplish what WSPR does,
with both being a beacon mode... 73 to all:

Andy - KU4XR