[600MRG] Lightweight coil construction - an example.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Jan 23 20:12:33 CST 2015

Gents:

I have two, quite large, basket weave coils which must have come from
some early military or commerical transmitter.

The coils are around 12" in diameter and about 18" long, and are wound with
what appears to be cotton-covered Litz-wire, which is at least #12 gauge.

One coil has multiple taps, the other has none.

The "rods" in the coil are wood, held to the end plates (which are also wood)
by wooden screws.

I'll take some photos, some accurate measurements, and will measure their
inductance, then will post this info to my website.

I have no idea where these originally came from, but they are beautifully
made. Perhaps someone who sees the photos may recognize them.

I also cannot figure out how to use them... :-(

Ken W7EKB