[600MRG] From Doc VK5BUG - Radial system, RW & shed bonding etc

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Tue Jan 20 17:08:08 CST 2015

You are right about the ScotchKote - they sell it at Lowe's now, and it's
fabulous stuff, it's HV splicing stuff, but sure does waterproof, just wrap
with Scotch 33 Electrical Tape, paint with ScotchKote, then before the
ScotchKote dries, wrap with another wrap of Scotch 33 Electrical Tape - the
darn stuff all fuses together as one waterproof mass, the bottom wrap keeps
the connectors clean from ScotchKote brown and the top wrapping makes it
easy to handle until it dries up completely.

Yowza on the LOOPS - eliminates the need for a ground screen of radials.

You should have been Marconi's engineer, but I have a feeling Fessenden
would have snapped you up.

In Fessenden's wife's book "Builder of Tomorrows" says that Brant Rock
transmission was around 40 kc/s - he got those alternators much faster than
the Westinghouse engineers with the assistance of his own Washington D.C.
engineers.

73

DR
/18