[600MRG] WH2XGP Operations

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Sat Jan 17 12:50:29 CST 2015

I hear ya Larry,   I have not been "listening" for a few days either,
it seemed for some time
there were just two or three stations that were regulars, and no one
else on over nite WSPR.
Not worth it for me to run if no one active so to speak.    My wifi
internet was at 95 percent
usuage also,   here in the sticks I finally have wifi but only 5gb a
month,  if I exceed that  the price goes
bezerk,   also electric is 48 cents a KW so keeping things running 24/7
adds up per month.
So until there is more activity at least on WSPR looking for DX and not
next door decodes,
I will be off.   I will fire up at any request,  and will be on later
when conditions should improve
some.   With WWV numbers in the 140s its not the best low band conditions.

And hey theres DX to chase,  worked the EP this AM on 40 meters long
path at sunrise,
and the KP1 is coming on,  those take precedent over any other activity.
Up to 330 entities using only a vertical or a 80 meter open wire fed
Zepp on all bands,  not
bad for wires, have hopes to make honor roll with no beam.   (not really
by choice)
73 Merv K9FD/KH6   WH2XCR