[600MRG] Shut down for tonite

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 2 11:51:54 CST 2015

stay safe merv!

regarding  TP, based on last years activity, its probably based on three things even from kh6: 1) available listening stations in vk/zl which really thins out over their summer, 2) low power and small antennas in vk/zl, and 3) time of year.  we saw the best action here in late summer in north america, which seems odd but there were a large number of active stations and presumably the tilt was right giving optimal light/dark.  if we can get enough rx stations qrv in vk/zl early enough,  we may be able to observe this phenomenon transitioning from winter to spring in NA.  otherwise we will have to see how the condx shake out at the end of our summer.

candidly,  i suspect you will be heard in vk/zl quite often once you are txing presuming you are running granted power.  hearing those guys is always going to be a wildcard but i
i know that steve, vk6vz, had something cooking some time back that may set him apart from a lot of the other tx guys in vk if he gets it rolling.

73 and hny all,

john xiq