[600MRG] K3 can now be upgraded to cover LF/MF

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 13 08:20:06 CST 2015

>600-METER COVERAGE
The KSYN3A extends VFO tuning down to 100
kHz, with sensitivity gradually falling off below 450 kHz. Transmit
output is as high as 1.0 mW for use with a suitable external amplifier.
(Note: 600-m and below operation also requires the KBPF3 and KXV3
options.)

Cool - below 450 sensitivity drops...presume it means above is as good as one might expect from a K3

Anytime that this has ever been discussed with them in the past they have said it would never go below 490 (specifically my conversations with them at hamcom).  great to see that they have worked on a solution and brought it to market.

now, who will be first to get one and try it out?

73,

John XIQ