[600MRG] WX De-Tuning 630 Meter Antennas

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Mon Feb 9 10:17:12 CST 2015

Frank,
Your enclosure will be determined by your surroundings and finances.
I used a big plastic storage bin mounted on some posts in the ground from a
failed vertical support. The plastic enclosure has a single weep hole in the
bottom and is dark in color due to green plastic spray paint. The press-on
top has stayed on with the application of sticky ignition silicon grease.
Here on the Gulf Coast we get tropical downpours and it has had snow with no
bad effects.
By mounting it on it's side about four feet off the ground, I can work in it
without a backache. It has held a loading coil which was wound on a "large"
dollar store white plastic flower pot, but hanging the loading coil at the
top of the radiator below the 11-wire top-hat gave me better signal reports.
When we moved from above 500kc to 472kc I added a small remotely tuned
I hope this helps,
73,
Pat WD2XSH/6