[600MRG] ground

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Sat Feb 7 12:26:31 CST 2015

Bill,

Larry sees no changes in feedpoint impedance because his ground
conductivity is naturally very poor.

You are exactly correct when you say if you had his dense large radial
field, the antenna would ignore whatever is on the other side ESPECIALLY
when it is very poor ground.

Poor ground and elevated ground systems eliminate earth ground variables.

W3BC FCC engineer Ben Wolf used an elevated ground plane on 7 MHz and would
be working very distant DX before sunset, I heard him do it while in the
middle North Atlantic at sea.

73

David