[600MRG] eProbe Instructions

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Mon Dec 21 12:25:42 CST 2015

The actual antenna starts at the top of the "probe" and ends wherever
the coax feedline shield is first solidly grounded.  Yes, most of the
antenna is the feedline shield.  At lower (non quarter wave resonant)
frequencies, the received signal level will increase the higher above
the coax ground point the probe is installed.  If the shield is first
grounded at the radio, then the active part of the antenna come right
into the house with predictable high noise. Mount the probe well away
from any wires a few feet above ground, and put a serious ground on the
coax shield at the bottom of the pole.  It is useful to add common mode
isolator chokes on both ends of the coax feedline.