[600MRG] WSJT-X

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 08:48:28 CST 2015

Did more experimenting with WSJT vs the X version. I found that that the X version is not working on live input. The sample files work, and it LOOKS like it's receiving on the waterfall, but it doesn't decode much of anything.I did the experiment by setting the WSJT on JT65A and the X version on the JT9 +JT65 and also just JT65 to be sure. 160M had lots of JT65 activity last night so I put them both to the task. The  X  version got nothing no matter how I placed the cursor while the non-X version acknowledged the signals but only decoded them about 30% of the time. These were no weak transmissions either.
The only thing I can try at this point is to re-install the WSJT-X tonight to see if there was an installation problem.BTW, what is up with all of those JT65 versions( A-G)? are they compatible?   Anybody got any ideas or tips on WSJT-X?
thanks
Jim