[600MRG] Working out of the maze

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 18:16:22 CST 2015

Thanks to all who responded. Lots of helpful info.I am using a Yaesu FT-450 and a 160M half wave horizontal dipole to listen. I have now turned off all DSP and NB to help the decoder, but the results were about the same.Someone just transmitted something at 00:12 UTC  on 474.2+1500, but it did not decode as WSPR . Don't know what it is.

As near as I can tell, I have the WSJT-X set up as well as it can be as far as audio drive levels, but I wonder if there isn't some issues with it. For instance, the plain WSJT seems to work better on the SAME signals on the SAME audio source ( they both can monitor the same port without conflict) . I was experimenting on 30M with it listening to JT65. Actually neither one did a very good job. There were some nice strong signals, but only sporadic decodes. Mostly just signal info with no call or message. Only captured one call with messages.
Found this site useful for audible ID of the JT65 modulation http://wb8nut.com/digital/
I wish he had a wav file of what WSPR sounds like, cuz I haven't a clue.

|   |
| WB8NUT - Digital Modes Information PageDigital Modes Information Page  |
|  |
| View on wb8nut.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

.
Thanks