[600MRG] WSPR Tonite : Signal vs SNr

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 22:04:08 CST 2015

Greetings all:

Very strong domestic conditions at my QTH tonite... More decodes of the 1000 mile distant
stations than is typical, earlier than usual.. One thing that Is-Not a true indicator of reception
here tonite is the SNr being reported by WSPR... I am being pounded tonite with multiple
stations pushing the S-meter to 10 and 15 dB over S-9 , and on just about every transmission..
WSPR is giving SNr's of +3,to +8 give , or , take a dB.. That is interesting.. I know that the
WSPR software is not " Looking at " my S-meter, But if it could . . . many of you would be
getting a much better signal report from me... Closing this email in the 04:02 UTC time frame,
I am watching XZO, and XXM push the meter to 20 dB over S-9 !!! . . .  Amazing !!

73 :

Andy - KU4XR