[600MRG] [Lowfer] WSPRnet

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:50:14 CST 2015

Apparently Bruce, W1BW, the owner, may have obligations limiting his time
so Joe posted this on the wsprnet blog:  http://wsprnet.org/drupal/node/5786
.

Hopefully some experienced volunteers can help and Bruce will accept any
offers of help.  WSPRnet is a big deal and has played a huge part in the
mainstreaming of 630-meters.  Most of us that are active now started out
monitoring other part-5 stations on 600m (or 630m) WSPR.  The mode has been
very helpful in decision making about 2-way QSO's that might otherwise
require endless CQ's and guessing.   Going forward, the marketing of the
band will rely on 630-meters as people check out this possible new ham band
and evaluate their existing capabilities. its amazing just how many guys
are listening on 40 or 80m dipoles and doing so successfully, even
providing long haul reports in such capacity (KF5JIA's almost daily reports
of WH2XCR with an 80m dipole come to mind).

Stats are posted on the side bar.  I just copied these:

Spot Count
345,090,820 total spots
308,733 in the last 24 hours
11,527 in the last hour

If an opportunity to make a monetary donation became available, myself and
several others have commented that we would gladly contribute.

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..