[600MRG] Why the "chicken Little" approach

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Wed Apr 29 19:17:29 CDT 2015

Looking at the hysteria on TV about the hackers being able to deliberately
destroy our power grid, and the perfect cover "blaming it on a ham" would
make, I wrote the proposal to create instruction in QST and - I thought - a
possible qualification method using the free LOTW certificate as an
inexpensive way to verify testing.

I just remember the out-of service AM broadcast transmitters available
surplus, and the small industry reportedly creating CB amplifiers running
five KW.

I am sure that all the ham magazines would be willing to publish an article
suitable for their readers.
So, please ignore a possible "power grab" and consider, what would you tell
the ricebox operator who bought an "all-band" G5RV and wants to "experiment
on 630 or 2200 meters. Then write it up for your favorite ham magazine. As
witnessed by "chicken little" I am probably no longer able to make myself
clear.

73,
Pat W5THT & WD2XSH/6