[600MRG] Another antenna comparison test...

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Tue Apr 28 14:18:27 CDT 2015

Excellent!  A few questions to help bring me up to speed on your comparative tests:  (1) Have you verified that the bandwidth and sensitivity of both different transceivers' receivers is identical enough as to not bias the results? (2) I assume you listened for WSPR signals simultaneously? That is setup #1 and setup #2 were listening at the same time such that fluctuating propagation conditions did not bias the result?  (3) How did you verify that antenna setup #1 and antenna setup #2 were not "interacting with each other" as not to make for some sort of directional array that would bias the result? Last question - WSPR 4 software?  Is the K1JT WSPR software at revision 4, and if so, where do you get a copy?
73 Frank K3DZ / WH2XHA