[600MRG] [Lowfer] NDB and NAVTEX Station Details

Warren K2ORS k2ors at verizon.net
Wed Apr 8 14:14:11 CDT 2015

Frank,

     1) No
     2) ?

     Navtex transmitters run over 1kW out, most (but not all) NDBs run
25W. NDB's operate mostly at the lower end of the LF band where antennas
are less efficient than at 518kHz, and NAVTEX stations tend to have
better (bigger) antennas anyway.

  Some useful references:
http://www.nautelnav.com/solutions/navtex/vector-series-1500w-3000w-navtex-transmitters/

http://dxinfocentre.com/navtex.htm