[600MRG] Time to through up my hands.... (was Too Funny 600m etc)

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Sep 29 09:39:47 CDT 2014

Having submitted a few experimental license applications, can
understand the frustration and difficulty in navigating the FCC
websites.  My past employer held 63 FCC licenses which I
administrated.  The company purchased sea-going position reporting
bouys that utilized satellite reporting thru the Argos satellite
network on 400 MHz. My company was engaged in oil spill recovery
which is included in the scope of applications that Argos
handles.  Its most known for oceanographic remote sensing and
wildlife tracking.  Because the buoys are made in Canada they were
not type-accepted for any normal radio service in the US, thus the
need for the experimental license.

Experimental license applications are not much fun to do.  It took me
about a month with back and forth e-mail with both the manufacturer
and the FCC to get all the required info.  I also made some VHF-based
tracking buoys using commercial APRS, which again required
experimental licensing.

Now all that is history ;-)

Regarding 600m:  I had a Moose encounter with my inverted-L which was
laying on the ground since I have my eme array lowered for some
technical work.  Looks like the Moose got tangled and pulled hard,
breaking a couple wires loose and racking the insulated base a
bit.  All fixable.  I should be done with my work to raise the array
and the inverted-L, today.

73, Ed - KL7UW