[600MRG] condx Monday night->> Tuesday morning in NTX

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 9 16:05:41 CDT 2014

wow - what a turn out!  its early september and 40+ reporting stations on MF.. good stuff.  Several new reporting stations also active last night from what I understand.  Thanks to all for your participation.  There are reams of data to look through.

Last evening was quite good but I think the 3-ring circus from the previous session left many of us groggy.  Many  very early reports including notables in the PNW as well as XKA in VT.  W3PM was hearing very well, along the same lines as Andy, KU4XR, both reporting low negative single digital S/N for a good portion of the night and very notable that Andy was reporting me at +6 or +7 (I forget exactly).   I turned in near midnight local time and started again at 1000z.

Eric did a quick check to see if we were at CW levels when I came online which, curiously, we were not.  Thats pretty atypical but with lots going on in the higher latitudes recently, who am I to argue.  Having a short internet outage and PC problems, I was delayed a few minutes while dealing with that problem.

I did a CW session as we moved into the twilight period locally starting around 1102z anc continued until  around 1140z.  There were a few time I swore I heard pings but could not identify them and no one in the ON4KST logger could claim them.  Running the filters, I was fairly certain it was not /12.  At any rate, I did not dredge up a CW QSO.  Ken XXM showed up calling CQ on JT9 near out SR and we worked for a quick textbook digital Q.

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ