[600MRG] conditions for VK/ZL

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:39:16 CDT 2014

Rudy - thanks for this -

My waypoint to improved MF and LF conditions are opening up of the Polar path on HF to Eu - that's for here in any case - at least its indicative of reduced losses and absorption  - at the moment its pretty dead but that's not  to say the path to JA and KH6 will be lossless too - its very variable as you can see

I tend to run a WSPR instance on 20m or just glance at the maps on 20m and see how far South or North Eu to Americas is opening.

With the increased level of Proton (doesn't need much at all), plus increased flux, inc input from Geo effective Coronal holes, and increase numerals from College K makes a  slightly sorry picture up here - the nice thing of course is its a variable star and will be better at some point !!

It will be far far far different to the South of course but at the moment its pretty dire - But it could be worse or better :-)

thanks for the spots last night - you were CW read levels at some points in the night

Im hoping to take a WSPR2 rx set mobile up in a little sojourn to KH6 in a couple of weeks but Ill be on the wrong side of one of  the islands and no guarantees Ill be able to run - best efforts and all that - then in Nov a little work for me in XE (where Ive heard you before) and again may sneak in an rx mobile system again.

Cheers

Laurence KL7 L