[600MRG] Conditions

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:47:39 CDT 2014

Merv -= thanks for the Dx CW report :-) I wasn't running max power given the recent issues with the Moose and temp feed isolation but was around 100W or so out.

 I think the hairy signal may have been me - I though the drive was set to 475.0 dead but looking at it may have been 640. But looking at my local display even at this close range I only see visual bands to 10Hz at 16wpm so maybe not.

I think the most interesting thing here was the interbetween reception and decoding of a number of WSPR stations whilst I was keying away (with no breaks) -  the active antennae is about 250ft from the vertical and stays live and receiving during my TX sessions, but obviously still good enough and I cant be shoving out too much noise inter character.

I start traveling late tonight so not sure how long Ill be on for - still trying to find my eprobe for this trip..

Laurence Kl7L WE2XPQ