[600MRG] 30 oct night

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Thu Oct 30 12:34:25 CDT 2014

I still am having to retrieve my 600M mail from the spam
box at gmail,   I do not check there more than once a day
if I remember, so I miss things occasionally.
I use Thunderbird and download all the mail,  so I dont go to
the gmail site often.

In any case last nite was decent,  have about 9 "regulars"
that decode very well,  and as I watched last nite about
0430-0500Z there were several other "traces" that did not
decode at all,  could be different modes? but they were in
sync with the WSPR on and off times.   There was a
decent trace on about 475.730 +or- at 0450Z that did not
decode,  saw it several times.
XSH/20 was CW copy here before sunset,  would say -10
or better,  that seems to be the audible copy for me.

Still slow going on getting the antenna loaded etc.  Rain
season has started and mowing of course,  takes me
over 6 hours to mow, and at 70 takes me a day almost to
recover,  literally get blisters on the butt from bouncing in
the seat.   Very rough ground to mow to say the least..
And in rain season have to mow very 5 or 6 days to keep
up.  I think I have taken on more than I can chew, but once
the ground is cleared its hard to let it go back to brush and
weeds.   Sure glad I did not do the entire 30 acres.

Mowed down to the vertical 400ft away and will get the
door to the tuning hut open and bug bombed to rid the
hut of scorpions and centipedes before I start working
in there.   Part of the benefits of paradise they tell me..
between 160 and 600M..  sure hope to get some signal
on the band soon.  Listening is great, but like to make it
both ways.

Thanks for the space to ramble on..  73 Merv K9FD/KH6
WH2XCR