[600MRG] WSPRnet database

Chris - KC0TKS kc0tks at cmsdigital.net
Thu Oct 30 09:17:40 CDT 2014

Larry and others,

I am a Linux user and as is usually the case, there is a simple, command
line solution built in to the OS for this problem.

As a test, I split September's WSPR spots into files of 200,000 lines
each (approximately 1 day) and have them available for download at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6231083/wspr%20csv.zip

This zip file is almost 100 meg. so make sure you have high-speed
Internet (or a lot of time to kill!).

For those with Linux that want to do this themselves, the command I used
was *split -dl 200000 xxxx.csv 09_14_csv *where xxxx.csv is the name of
the large .csv file you want to split. It took about 10 seconds to
complete on my old computer.

For those without Linux, send me an email and I will split whatever
month you are interested in. I will split and post October when the
month is over.

Please let me know if the split files unzip properly and open in your
spreadsheet. Sorry, I was in a rush this morning and didn't take the
time to figure out how to add the .csv extention to the files when they
generated so you will have to either add it manually or right-click on
the file you want to open and choose "open with" and pick Excel or
whatever you want to open them with.

73,
Chris - KC0TKS