[600MRG] XXM and XSV note

KU4XR ku4xrradio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:54:42 CDT 2014

Hi all:

Band is exceptionally quiet tonite, and signal are already quite strong..
Ken - XXM started out in positive numbers.. 2 stations I have yet to decode,
is XPQ, and XSV in Neils new QTH.. I have a problem that really nothing
can be done about.. I get the 60 Hz Up and Down decodes on XXM all the
time.. This starts in the early evening, and lasts until the wee hours of
the morning, and then disappears.. I have also seen multiple decodes
on XIQ several times, and even at 120 Hz from his mean frequency..
XJM has also shown the extra 60 Hz decode on occassions..
The thing that makes XXM's decodes " my problem " is that 60 Hz UP
from his mean frequency of 475.706, puts the extra decode at 475.766 KHz
which is right on top of where Neils signal is.. There is nothing that can
be done about the " WSPR Anomaly " which has happened to probably
about every receiver at some point.. Just wait it out, because it_Does_
go away..
An added observation here.. My cleaning of the ground connections
recently, has also quieted 630 meters noticably.. The biggest problem
as far as noise is concerned that I will now have to contend with, will
be the noisy powerlines as the WX starts getting colder.. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz

73 all:

Andy - KU4XR