[600MRG] Condx last night

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Sun Oct 26 09:25:28 CDT 2014

Over the last week or so, 630 meter conditions have been unsettled to
say the least. The northern paths (from here) have been quite poor while
the paths toward the south have been better than normal. QSB has been
very bad on all paths.

Last night seemed to be much better on average.

Some CQ's on JT9-1 resulted in a QSO with WG2XXM whom I have not heard
well in more than a week.

WSPR results were more interesting.

Over the last 24 hour period I decoded 10 unique stations, a record for me:

WE2XPQ
WG2XIQ
WG2XJM
VE7BDQ
WD2XSH/12
VA7JX
WG2XXM
WG2XKA
WH2XHY
WG2XSV

I think the only station that actively TXs WSPR missing from this list
was WD2XSH/20.

Over the last 24 hour period WG2XGP was decoded by 28 unique reporters:
W3CSW/3
W1VD
WD2XSH/17
KC0BMF
WG2XKA
WD2XSH/6
W0RPK
K3SIW/3
WG2XJM
WA3TTS
W1TAG/1
WE2XPQ
WH2XHY
WG2XIQ
W1CK
WG2XXM
W7WKR
WH2XAR
AC0ZL
WD2XSH/12
VE6OG
VE7BDQ/1
VA7JX
WH2XCR
WG2XSV
NB9E
WD2XSH/20
W7MY

While this is not a record number for me, it does include some reporters
that normally do not hear me.

Over the last two weeks, WH2XGP was reported by 49 unique reporting
stations down a bit from the 53 or so that were reporting a couple weeks
ago.

Earlier this week, WH2XGP was reported by KK6EEW at about 11:00 AM local
time broad daylight, distance 1000 kM! This would never have happened if
I had not been running WSPR 24/7. Interesting things do happen during
daylight hours but if you are not running in the daytime you won't ever
know!!

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP
DN07dg - central WA