[600MRG] RSGB Comments on 472 kHz

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Oct 25 09:18:53 CDT 2014

At 06:04 AM 10/25/2014, Dave wrote:
>The NOV for 474kHz has been available for a while now, I got mine for G4FRE
>and GW0FRE in Dec 2012 and have had QSOS.

snip===

>They also proposed an end to a regional callsign letter as we know it which
>would result in me being able to operate under the callsign GU4FRE from
>England Scotland Ireland Wales etc without changing the 2nd letter. Think of
>the chaos this would cause DXCC chasers!

Sort of like what exists now in the USA.  Of course that only affects
WAS in lower-48.  Operate WW2R in AK as new DXCC for example.  One
reason I applied for alaskan callsign when getting General Class
license (was K8MWA).  2005 I applied for current vanity callsign (was AL7EB).

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: