[600MRG] RSGB Comments on 472 kHz

Dave lf at g4fre.com
Sat Oct 25 09:04:24 CDT 2014

The NOV for 474kHz has been available for a while now, I got mine for G4FRE
and GW0FRE in Dec 2012 and have had QSOS. That page is VERY current

The link you included was to help those responding to a "request for
feedback" survey being run by the licencing authority (OFCOM) respond to the
35 page document at
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/amateur-radio-licenc
e/summary/condoc.pdf which will influence upcoming licence changes.

The reference to 477kHz you see is that they were going to include 477 and
5MHz (both currently needing an NOV) as part as the "standard" licence BUT
they copied across/added the ""The station must not cause interference to,
and may not claim protection from other wireless telegraphy or electronic
equipment." Clause from the NOV, for which you can get closed down on ANY
amateur frequencies, which is unacceptable, hence the notes

They also proposed an end to a regional callsign letter as we know it which
would result in me being able to operate under the callsign GU4FRE from
England Scotland Ireland Wales etc without changing the 2nd letter. Think of
the chaos this would cause DXCC chasers!

Dave

WW2R