[600MRG] Smoke alarm woes UPDATE 1

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:53:16 CDT 2014

I have more info about my problem for those who replied to me about my 630m
signal triggering the fire/smoke/CO alarm.

The system is AC powered. It consists of 6 alarms, two of which contain a
voice announcer that is programmed to say "fire fire" or "warning, carbon
monoxide" depending on the type of problem.

I discovered that by removing the two that have voice announcers in them,
that I can run my amplifier at maximum power of about 70+ watts with no
problem.

I would like to be able to keep the voice units but need to figure out how
to  block the rf from getting to them.

I am thinking of trying some 0.01 uF caps across the leads. It would not be
an easy thing to get up into the attic and try to use toroids somehow. I
have had minimal luck with toroids at times and fear that I would be
wasting my time with them. Not sure what to do next...

Neil

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*