[600MRG] [Lowfer] Smoke alarm woes...

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Oct 20 15:49:28 CDT 2014

Don't you just love modern technology!

I'm lucky as my fire/smoke alarms are all old cheapies from
HomeDepot; not interlocked and just "beep" when set off by heat or
smoke.  I think one might be better off using wireless cameras (2.4
or 5 GHz).  I had a 2.4 GHz camera (from RS) to watch my dog kennel
which has a yard light at night.  But too many wifi in the
neighborhood ruined all four channels (big black rolling
bars).  Newer cameras are going to 5-GHz but so is wifi.

My wife runs wifi for her Ipad-3 periodically, but has had no impact
on my ham bands.  Nice that the FCC backed you with the neighbor -
but watch your back!

Still QRT with moose-broken inverted-L.  I will get it fixed pretty
soon.  First snow of the year, today, so a scramble to finish outdoor
stuff this week.  Snowblower gets installed on the lawn tractor and
the backup walk-behind snow blower goes to repair tomorrow (earliest
date my mechanic would take it).  Hard winter will be here by Halloween.

73, Ed - KL7UW - /45