[600MRG] [Lowfer] Smoke alarm woes...

Warren K2ORS k2ors at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 15:00:41 CDT 2014

Neil,

      I trigger the neighbor's smoke alarm when transmitting QRO on 160m
- its one of the new alarms that are all hard-wired into the power and
also networked together so when one goes off they all go off. The
neighbor has been a real a**hole even before this came up ... they
complained to the FCC and the FCC asked what I was running - long story
short the FCC gave me the green light and told the neighbor to go to
Radioshack and buy some filers :-)

      I do get into my security camera system when on 500kHz - not
surprising given the long cables connecting the cameras to the dvr - and
this is when I run 60W output on 500...   Tough one to solve, it would
take a mound of ferrite to have appreciable choking action on 500kc!

    73 & GL!
Warren