[600MRG] [Lowfer] MFJ Noise Cancelling unit

Dave Riley dave.riley3 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 16 10:59:41 CDT 2014

I had good results with MFJ antenna canceller after mods, but some ultra
info on this subject came from the Dallas Lankford files, this is when I
started to hear MF/LF sigs for real...
Am only using a single 600' vertical loop these days made from 'monster
dog wire' available from e-bay... Good HV insulation and no insulators
necessary, just shoot up into trees with compound bow and it gets
easy...
http://stores.ebay.com/Dog-Fence-and-Battery-Barn/Dog-Fence-Wire-/_i.html?_fsub=596364017
My noise antenna is gone for now but I still have the Dallas Lankford
'antenna phaser' which really nulls the noise, geez, I'm getting
interested again...
For instants, there are AM station on the low part of the band that
share several stations on the same frequency... It is possible and
repeatable to tune ( null ) each one and hear the other with the flip of
a switch and hear either station off same antenna at same time...
Can't speak enuf of Dallas Lankford's efforts on the subject of this and
low noise wire antennas...
eg: https://www.google.com/#q=dallas+lankford+antennas
http://docs7.chomikuj.pl/1992225697,PL,0,0,Small-Amplified-Vertical-Antenna.pdf
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dxing.info%2Fequipment%2Fnew_active_mw_antennas.pdf&ei=Uek_VJ6NPIaYyQTxt4KoBw&usg=AFQjCNFU5PZYQGvdwhZNvLYj6mjBwW4leg&sig2=2Hgji6gYSwnqq1wFliRQMA&bvm=bv.77648437,d.aWw
http://www.ve1zac.com/Lankford%20Antenna%20References%20.htm

google around, his phasers are documented...

I want to try a 17.2 kc. version as power lines around here kill SAQ to
a weak signal...  -90db noise here on 17kc.

Happy sniffing...

73s from one antenna Dave @ wd2xsh/17