[600MRG] If you are the station calling me on 474.5 CW, please raise your hand

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 26 17:52:26 CST 2014

Since around the time it started to get dark, I have had someone responding to my CQ on 474.5 CW.  I thought it was XJM and condx had just not solidified yet.  He indicates it was not him... so who is calling me?  I am still running a wheel at 60 sec intervals and will continue for a while into darkness before switching to WSPR.  I've periodically heard a calling station in the past and wonder if its the same station or my ears are playing tricks.  There is definitely a station calling in this instance.

Additionally I've observed noise bursts that seem to be coinciding with a few X-ray flux blips this afternoon.  Pretty interesting.  Hearing a burst build as I am typing this.

73 and Happy Thanksgiving for those in the US.

John WG2XIQ / KB5NJD..