[600MRG] RAKs and such - ballast tube.

NMF nmf.marshfield at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 09:40:38 CST 2014

WW1 was rife with ship board super-regens coupled directly to an antenna
which made for a 'beacon' like signal that the enemy soon discovered...
Then came ECM...

Adding TRF stage or stages made for 10s of DBs of isolation while
reducing QRM while adding selectivity to the detector...
We started WW2 clean with good receivers...

Still wondering about hydrogen in the ballast element envelope... Maybe
Nitrogen??
We find hydrogen in ignitrons though...

More super regen: I once coupled a frequency counter to a 1920s radio
and could see the 'exact' frequency usually reading within a few HZ.,
thanks to Major Armstrong who knew what to do with a triode...

Fooled around with 420mc. regen transceivers and it was good for 100s of
yards of detection with a 'deaf' receiver...

TNX from Dave @ /17