[600MRG] LF receivers

Roger Kuchera rwkuchera at snet.net
Mon Nov 3 12:25:03 CST 2014

GM Gentlemen,
     First, let me say thank you for all the suggestions and ideas. This is what I have at
the moment for inhalers:

     1. ICOM-7700 - modern station
     2. RME-69 (1936) - vintage station w/DB-20 preselector and LF-90 LF/MF converter
     3. BC-453-B - Completely rebuilt, all caps replaced w/ 12AT7 mixer mod
     4. BC-453-B - all caps replaced, 6K8 mixer
     5. Jackson Harbor LF converter w/ extra 530 Kcs. filter in front end, O/P on 10 Mcs.

     Both of the 453s have been converted to parallel filaments and I use 6 volt tubes.
The Jackson Harbor gadget is, as yet, untried.

Hopefully, I'll hear something if I listen at the right time.

BTW: Back in my Navy days I spent a lot of time with the RBx series receivers. They
took the RAK/RAL/RBL stuff away.

CUL, Roger/K1TG