[600MRG] RAKs and such

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Mon Nov 3 11:37:28 CST 2014

Those are some interesting mods for these old receivers.  Both my RBA-1 and
my RAK-7 are pristine, with no mods so I'm pretty loath to mess with them.
I don't even want to change the antenna connector which brings me to a
question:  does anyone have a source for the cable ends that plug into the
antenna jacks? If not the connectors at least a good picture of one so I
might fabricate something.  I have no memory of what they looked like.

I would also love to have one of the P/S connectors for the RBA.  Right now
I've kept the original female connector on the receiver and just inserted
pins as a jury rig.

I have the original P/S for the RAK but I don't use it.  I've built up a
separate more modern supply with various outputs which I can use on several
different receivers.  I use the same connector for each receiver but connect
only those pins with voltages unique to a particular receiver.

73, Rudy