[600MRG] Weekend

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Mon Nov 3 09:21:42 CST 2014

My plan was to S&P whatever stations I could to make 2-way QSO's.

Friday night was poor for the reasons previously listed.

Saturday morning out-of-town relatives arrived unexpectedly. That
effectively killed the chance for any real time operating.

They arrived while I was in the middle of doing some tweak on the WSPR
station and I didn't realize that the WSPR was down for a number of
hours. Luckily I drifted by the equipment before sunset and after seeing
it was still down, got it going again on WSPR.

Lat Saturday night I got a chance to peek at the spectran waterfall
(which runs all the time WSPR is running) and saw a LOT of signals, CW
and what looked like PSK. No idea if they were beacons or guys calling
CQ, etc. as I could not spend any time listening. A few "rare" calls
showed up in the WSPR decode list as well.

Oh well maybe next time....

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP