[600MRG] By the way --- your receiving equipment

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:37:51 CST 2014

Hi,

I have a RAK that is now failing and I dare not turn on the power for
the probability of letting the smoke out. I have a BC-453 and an R-23
but with no adequate power supply for either one - smoke ya know. I m
planning to give the radios some TLC and build the needed hardware to
get back in. I'm also laying out an up converter to use my Kenwood
receiver (R-599) as well as a crystal controlled SDR. When we get a ham
allocation here the entire band will be 7 kc wide and no VFO will be
required to cover frequencies well above and below the new band. The old
mil surplus radios I mentioned above did a good job receiving for me for
everything except WSPR and there seems to be some part of that I just
plain don't 'get'. If some WSPR guru came over here for five minutes he
could probably laugh and show me what I have been missing.

73,

Bill  KU8H