[600MRG] WG2XSV beacon is GMSK31 tonight

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 27 20:28:23 CDT 2014

GMSK is a great keyboard mode.  XJM Eric and I have had a number of long chats using it.  It seems to be quite stable.  The tuning takes some practice.  That's not to say its persnickety but you have to figure it out through trial and error the first time.  If you can actually see the signal, that makes life easier.  GMSK is my favorite computer generated keyboard mode I've used on 630m and I think MMVARI has a considerably better interface than the CMSK.

I wish I could take credit for the macro, but that was put together by XKA John when he was running PSK31 a few weeks back.  I just made some mods to suit my needs and added the CW ID.  Seems to work ok once you figure out the backtiming for the repeat process.

73 and I hope to listen for you a little later this evening!

John XIQ